You have probably heard of same day crowns and some of you have even inquired here about them. Finally, the doctors feel that the technology has advanced to a point where they are confident in producing them in our office. CEREC® is a sophisticated CAD/CAM system for the production of all-ceramic crowns, tooth colored fillings and other restorative procedures right in our office. The benefits of this new technology include:
• Crowns made in one visit
• No impression
• No temporaries
• Aesthetic and long lasting
How does this work? If the tooth you need to have re-stored is suitable for CEREC®, there are 4 easy steps.
1) After removing the decay or defective amalgam filling, we create a 3D image of the tooth with the aid of the CEREC® camera.
2) The restoration is designed on the monitor of the CEREC® acquisition unit.
3) The CEREC® milling unit machines the restoration out of a ceramic block.
4) The milled restoration is bonded directly to your tooth. Simple as that!
We recently held a contest in office for current patients to guess how many CEREC® crowns we have completed in our office. The winner was to receive a Fitbit Chrarge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband. We had hundreds of entries and a lot of really close guesses. Without further ado, the winner of the contest is Milo Merk with a guess of 596 CEREC® crowns completed (there were 600 exactly)! Big congrats to Milo on your new Fitbit and stay tuned for future contests! If you have any questions on same day crowns, call our office at (805) 541-0550. We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks to all of our amazing patients who entered!