Curious what it’s like to be a SLO Smiles patient? Here’s exactly what you can expect when you swing through our San Luis Obispo doors:
ALL patients (both new and returning!) can expect to be welcomed warmly, put at ease, and remain comfortable during their visit.
1. You’ll complete New Patient Forms securely online before your appointment date. These will be sent to you via email. If you need help completing your forms, we’re happy to offer one-on-one support over the phone.
2. No need to show up super early, unless you’d like to. SLO Smiles appointments start on time so you’re not stuck waiting.
3. Please allow 90 minutes for your visit, although sometimes it doesn’t take that long. We want you to have plenty of time to ask any and all questions you have.
4. Know that you won’t see the hygienist on your first visit. After an initial exam, the dentist will make a recommendation for your periodontal needs, and we’ll schedule your hygiene appointment accordingly.
5. Payment is required at the time of service. We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, CareCredit, cash, and personal checks. If you have dental insurance, your co-payment will be due the day of your visit.
6. Please note that although we are considered ‘out-of-network’ with dental insurance companies, we will still bill your insurance company and have the remainder sent to you.
We look forward to meeting you!
Our caring dentists will take any necessary x-rays, conduct an oral cancer screening, chart all existing dental work, and advise of any issues that need to be addressed.
Any treatment necessary will be proposed in writing in advance, with fees and estimated insurance contribution clearly noted.
When performing X-rays, we try to limit exposure to just what’s necessary. We will also call your prior dental provider and request copies of any x-rays that are current.
Here at SLO Smiles, we help patients feel safe and welcomed because we understand that dental care is different than dental work. Family-owned in San Luis Obispo since 1977, our dentists and care professionals put patients first and love what we do.
1. Flexible scheduling for appointments when you want them, including weekend availability
2. Tailored treatment plans with all the information you need to make the best decisions with your dentist
3. Personalized attention from experienced experts
Email our friendly team to book your appointment now.
More questions? We have answers! Call (805) 541-0550 today.